CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Everything I Needed

I really enjoyed reading this poem that a friend sent my way.
Thought I'd share it with you.
If only we would look at things this way more often, we'd be a lot happier.

I asked for strength
and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for wisdom
and God gave me problems to solve.

I asked for prosperity
and God gave me brawn and brains to work.

I asked for courage
and God gave me dangers to overcome.

I asked for patience
and God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait.

I asked for love
and God gave me troubled people to help.

I asked for favors
and God gave me opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.

My prayers have all been answered.

Author Unknown

5 comments:

April said...

I've seen this before and I love it! In fact, I'm pretty sure it's in the collection of poems I have in my "don't throw away" box. It's a keeper, for sure!

Anonymous said...

That was a great poem. Everything you post is so inspirational and I really need that right now.

Thanks!
Tonya

Unknown said...

This poem is so encouraging and so true..we always avoid difficult times and challenges,but they leave us stronger and wiser.

Jessica and Matt said...

I don't like this poem.

Lisa Molinelli said...

Hi Daphine,

I love this poem. It really puts into perspective that we do get what we ask for, but in a different way than we expected. It opens our minds to think outside the box and take our life into our own hands instead of feeling the victim...
Thanks for adding me to your blog list too!