CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

God's Timing

You may have heard before that God's timing is different from your timing.

It took me many years to fully understand this. And although I understand it now, there are still times when I struggle in this area.

I read in an article a while back that waiting on God simply means allowing Him to work things out according to His divine schedule.

During the times that I am waiting on God, I am not only reminded, but also encouraged to trust that God is in control and the He knows what's best for me. I know that He has heard every prayer request that I have spoken and that He doesn't always give me the response I want. I am also reminded to thank Him for the blessings that He has already given to me and my family that we often take for granted.

As we wait on God, He continues to strenghten and bless us.

Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not be faint."

Isaiah 30:18
"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him."

2 comments:

Lisa Molinelli said...

Hi Daphine! Thank you for your wonderful comments about my blog! I am shaking my head in wonder, with a smile of mirth in my eyes at the way messages appear in our lives when we need them most. This one I have read before, and believe in, but today it is the answer to my question!
I am also delighted about your article about women losing themselves! I have been working on that thought this week for a future post and you have confirmed my thoughts exactly! Your blog is beautiful, peaceful,and inspiring and I will visit often!

with appreciation for your gifts,
Lisa

Kim & Dave said...

Such a good reminder!

It is so easy to get impatient with God (& I have been there), but when you look back, it can usually be seen that His timing was perfect all along!

Thanks for stoppi ng by my blog! Hope you return!